COVID 19 UPDATE. 17/06/ 2020 from Dr Eleanor Ivory
- I am now in a position to offer medicals from 1st July 2020. For Class 1 holders. EXISTING Class 2 and EXISTING LAPL holders.
- (Unfortunately I am currently unable to offer medicals to new private pilots. Cabin crew, or to carry out parachute medicals)
- A CAA required risk assessment to provide a COVID SAFE ENVIRONMENT has been carried out.
- There is a considerable back log of pilots requiring medicals. Appointments will be offered on a first come first served basis.
NEW PROCEDURES BEFORE AND DURING THE MEDICAL
Appointments will be carried out subject to the following points :
- You are fit on the day of the medical with NO symptoms of possible COVID 19 – please cancel or call to discuss if you have any doubt or questions on the day of the appointment.
- All pilots will have their temperature taken by non contact infrared thermometer on arrival
- All pilots will be required to use hand sanitiser on arrival. ( I have plenty of this! )
- 2 meter distancing will be maintained where possible. Masks are available for the examination and during tests.
- PAYMENT IS REQUESTED BY BANK TRANSFER ON THE DAY OF THE MEDICAL. CASH, CARD AND CHEQUES WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow room and equipment cleaning between pilots. Please do not arrive early. If you do, please wait in your car.